WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) management plants are buildings with very high noise levels due to the large amount of machinery used in the processes. After an exhaustive analysis of the different treatment options, such as acoustic treatments on the machinery, acoustic treatments on the building itself and acoustic treatments aimed at the workers; it was decided to install acoustic cabins aimed at directly protecting the workers, so that the environment in which they perform their activity was as silent as possible.
Many other factors were also taken into account like improving the environmental conditions of the workers so that they were not subjected to the particles in suspension generated by the process, and to improve the temperature conditions, since being inside an acoustic cabin, this could be air-conditioned.
And finally, to improve the lighting conditions, which is achieved by bringing light sources closer to the workstations.
The following elements were used in the acoustic cabinet:
- The complete acoustic enclosure is made with Acustimodul-80A type modular acoustic panels. As the position of the workplace is on a platform, the cabin is built in an elevated position.
- The access to the interior of the cabin is through RS5C acoustic doors with anti-panic lock and rectangular acoustic display.
- The normal operation of the threshing process is guaranteed, and the necessary openings for the passage of the product transport belts through the cabin are made. When the product passes through the cabin, the operators classify the product in different hoppers. The interior of the entire cabin is acoustically conditioned, thanks to the multi-perforation of the acoustic insulating and absorbent panel Acustimodul-80A.
- VRC type acoustic visors were also installed to allow the vision inside the cabin, and from the inside to the outside.
- The cabin’s lighting and air-conditioning were both installed by the client as a complement to the work carried out by Acústica Integral.
The acoustic result achieved satisfactorily meets the customer’s requirements. Furthermore, the environmental, thermal and lighting conditions were also modified for optimal working conditions.
INSTALLATION DATA SHEET
Project: Acoustic cabin at threshing station.
ACOUSTIC MATERIAL USED